Tuesday, July 25, 2017

You'll find me on Instagram

So I haven't been blogging as much lately.   I go through spells where the words just need to tumble out of me and others where they don't.   I'm not sure if anyone is reading or if anyone cares.   My teen and preteen daughters ask "oh, you're still doing THAT?" and "why?"  Hopefully someday they'll look back and enjoy these posts or be glad I kept a blog during these years as a sort of family scrapbook.   Maybe they'll just roll their eyes and just think it was one of the many weird things their mom did.  Or maybe someday they will find the writer in themselves and learn to journal on long trips, write about the stories that make their life meaningful, use a diary to write about their joys & struggles.

Lately you'll find me at the lake on weekends kayaking and soaking in summer with my 3 girls still under one roof.  I know that time is short.  It makes me nostalgic.   Weekdays we're home so K and Rod can work.  H & L and I work out, read, go on adventures with friends to the beach, the drive in, the mall, the movies.

I'm recording this summer through instagram (kari_macleod14) and sometimes on Facebook and less and less on the blog.  Below are my summer instagram posts.  Looking forward to our adventure next month camping in Hermit Island, Maine and going to Hawaii to celebrate our 20th Anniversary with all 5 of us!   We will miss our pooches!  Hope you are enjoying summer & all that makes this season special to you and your family and friends!  -xo

This!  #happysummer

Enjoying first day of summer with these two at the beach.
Bikini's, books, and toes in the sand where they belong!

Starting my day outside #butfirstcoffee #outdoorliving

Cocktails & selfies on the dock
#outdoorliving #grandpasbirthday #lakelife @duckheadcottage

Floating our cares away #lakelife #friendsforlife

Happy 4th!

So much fun with these 5 #pollardsmills #waterfalls # NH

Summer reflections:  make time for toes in the sand, good friends, long books,
roasting s'mores over a campfire, swimming in waterfalls, watching fireflies,
drive-in movies, iced coffee, laughter, family, soaking in the sun, watching the
sun set over water, admiring the full moon #maketime

Cousin caterpillar

This girl!  Teaching me to be brave!  Jumping from the highest rocks
and riding all the biggest roller coasters!  So proud of how much fun she is
having taking risks!  Even if she has to scream the whole way down! 

So much Love for these 3!   Thanks for the photo @abbyjeanne_photography 


No comments:

Post a Comment