Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Feeling the love

For Valentine's Day this year we went pretty simple.  We were going to take the girls out of school for the day (the teacher in me was even saying yes!) but they have had 2 1/2 snow days in the past two weeks and next week is February Vacation.  We decided we will fit in enough snow fun next week so off they went to school today with belly's filled with chocolates and heart shaped pancakes made by their dad!


I was at Whole Foods yesterday & saw these beautiful pink roses and asked one of the girls to text dad and tell him that I got the flowers for us this year!   Dying flowers make me sad, especially when they cost a million bucks!  But I do love flowers and lots of plants in my house in the winter and these beauties only cost $10.   As is our usual tradition we all made each other a valentine's card.   Dad even broke out his poetry skills for the girls.  I felt like making collages for each of them with words that reminded me of them from magazines.  





Rod & I shopped together for them on our date day and got them a few Valentine's goodies from Target.  Chocolate is always important as are nerds ropes.   Some valentine socks and a face mask and a few other small gifts.





I also put a pink rose in a small vase for each of them to have in their room.  I always loved when my dad gave me flowers when I was a little girl.  My girls love having flowers in their rooms!  Rod got me some dark chocolate goodies that I can treat myself to & some tree of life earrings.  I got him an & sign.   I've been looking for one for a while and liked the wooden two tone look of this one.  We will hang it on our back stairs or add it to a shelf or mantel decor.  I wrote all the things that started from K & R on the back.






Haley was busy making us a MacLeod box of conversation hearts yesterday or at least that's what it reminds me of!   A collage heart on the box cover and the inside filled with hearts with all the things she loves about our family.  A box filled with love!




Tonight is just a regular school day night filled with PT, dance, hockey and a meeting for me.  We will have hot cocoa and treats when the girls get home from school and squeeze in our traditional red and white or heart shaped Valentine's dinner.  This year I found heart shaped pasta at World Market to have with Rao's sauce, cucumber hearts, strawberry milk or shirley temples and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.   It's the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment