Monday, August 11, 2014

Sunflowers


I have a thing for sunflowers.  I'm not sure when it started but I know that most of my adult life I have loved them.  Not sure why.  Not sure when.  I do know that they make me smile.  My family and friends have gotten me sunflower and gifts with sunflowers on them for years.  We had them as the center of  our wedding flowers and I've grown them in pots or in my yard almost every year since.  Each year since they were born the girls get packets of a variety of different sunflowers in their Easter baskets and we make a big production out of planting them around Memorial Day.  Except this year.  This spring we were too busy packing and organizing and making lists for DuckHead.  I've regretted it all summer.  Keep thinking I should plant them now but then worry it's too late.  But next year I will have two sunflower gardens to plant.  One at home and one at the lake.  I'm thinking along the house.  There is a large space to fill below the windows on the porch.  Perfect for sunflowers.  

Wow we look young!
Lots of friends and family give me sunflowers as thank you's or thinking of you's.  

I love decorating with sunflowers in summer.  
And having them smile over our fence in late August. 
Can't resist a sunflower photo op.  

My girls wore these sunflower dresses for years.  I wish they still fit.  
I'm thinking this wall below the windows would be a good spot for sunflowers.  Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment